Learn to Meditate Course
I have been a meditator for over a decade now and have been teaching for the past few years. It has had the most profound, transformational and positive effect on my life, and I have witnessed similar outcomes for others. I’m delighted you are considering going on a journey of learning how to meditate and making it a daily practice. I offer one to one sessions, talks and workshops for companies and organisations, and regular Learn to Meditate classes throughout Ireland and online. Below you can find more information on my new online course. For queries on other offerings, including custom courses for organisations and groups, please contact me directly.
“I first met Susan in July 2019 at a group meditation she did for the Irish rugby team. I have since had close to ten personalised one-to-one sessions with her, and completed her 3-day Learn to Meditate online course. I am delighted to say she has been a massive reason in the improved quality of both my professional performance, but more importantly in my life. She’s been incredibly influential on me, as a player and a person.”
- Andrew Conway, Munster and Ireland international rugby player
Before I get into more information about the specifics of learning to meditate with me, please watch the below very short video now to hear me say a few words about my new online course which is taught live over Zoom. After watching, please continue reading below.
What you will receive if you learn to meditate with me
1. A ‘Being technique' and meditation practice you will have for the rest of your life, with information on the nature of the mind, how and why meditation works, and a very solid pathway to a daily meditation practice that you will be empowered to practice daily. This is a deep in-depth, immersive, experiential and participative programme where you will receive live personalised teachings online with me.
2. I will be running online meditation gatherings over the coming weeks and months where all students who have learned with me can come and meditate together online, for free. We’ll do a Q&A afterwards where you can ask me questions. You will also benefit from being part of a warm, welcoming and supportive community of fellow meditators.
3. Every person I teach will be welcome to take a free refresher course with me in the future.
Upcoming online courses
Each course is taught over 3 x 90-minute sessions over 3 consecutive days via Zoom. Places are limited to very small numbers on each course to ensure there is an intimate teaching setting in a supportive environment. Courses for the coming weeks are listed here:
Course 1 - Learn to Meditate (FULLY BOOKED SOS funded course)
· Session 1 – Monday May 25th - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 2 – Tuesday May 26th - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 3 – Wednesday May 27th - 7pm – 8.30pm
Course 2 – Learn to Meditate (1 PLACE LEFT)
· Session 1 – Monday June 1st - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 2 – Tuesday June 2nd - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 3 – Wednesday June 3rd - 7pm – 8.30pm
Course 3 – Learn to Meditate
· Session 1 – Monday June 8th - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 2 – Tuesday June 9th - 7pm – 8.30pm
· Session 3 – Wednesday June 10th - 7pm – 8.30pm
More Learn to Meditate courses will be running in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned for dates and times. If you would like a private course with me, or to run a course for your organisation or company, contact me to arrange it. You can read testimonials from people who have completed my course here.
What you will need to take part
1. You will need a quiet private space where you won’t be disturbed, and from which to connect online.
2. The course will be run using the Zoom platform which you can access online for free via a laptop, desktop computer or via your phone or tablet. If using a phone or tablet it will be important to have a firm fixture to place this so you don’t have to hold it in your hand. I would suggest that a laptop, desktop or tablet is preferable to a phone.
3. You will need to download Zoom (the basic package is free) in advance and I will send you a private link and password to join each session in advance. I ask that you are ready, comfortable and logged in online 2 minutes before each session begins.
4. Please ensure you have a power connection or fully charged battery for your device. Ensure it is working correctly with no other apps or possible notification distractions so you are not disturbed in the sessions.
5. Please run an internet speed test on your device and ensure you have a stable connection of a minimum of 3.5Mbps but ideally higher. You do this by typing ‘Internet Speed Test’ into Google and click on ‘Run Speed Test’ or go to www.speedtest.net and click ‘Go’.
6. Please do not eat for 1 hour before each session, and avoid caffeine or sugar for at least 3-4 hours before each session. Where possible, try to arrive at each session with as little distraction or stimulation as possible.
Course fee – a lifetime investment in your well-being
· Course fee, including additional offerings listed above: €120
· I will be offering one special bursary on every course I run for someone who is in financial need or under financial stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This bursary offers the course at a reduced rate of €20. Please let me know if you'd like to be considered for this.
· If more than one member of a family, household or workplace wishes to participate on the course then a group discount may be available.
If you wish to learn with me, please contact me with information on:
(a) Why you are interested in learning how to meditate and any particular health needs I should be aware of.
(b) Confirmation that you are comfortable with Zoom technology and other requirements, and that you have watched my above short video.
(c) Let me know which of the course dates listed above works best for you, and/or request for a preferred future date and time that would better suit you. More course dates will be running weekly going forward over the coming weeks and months also.
(d) Agreement on pricing and your availability to pay online in advance. You can pay online using a PayPal account or by doing a simple bank debit or credit card transaction online. I will send on details upon confirmation of your place on the course.
Once I have received the above, I will send you further details.
Any additional queries, please let me know. Email me or we can arrange a phone call to discuss your interest.
Thank you for reading and watching, and take good care of yourself.
Warmest wishes to you from Lahinch.
Some background info about me
I am a meditation teacher, a holder of mass meditation experiences, a musician, and a multi award-winning social entrepreneur for my work in the field of mental health. My work has featured on outlets such as the Sunday Independent, Irish Times, Hotpress and on the Róisín Meets podcast. I have performed at the Electric Picnic and Body&Soul festivals and also for figures such as the Dalai Lama and the President of Ireland. I am a certified meditation teacher and have trained with the 1 Giant Mind Academy in New York and recently in Australia. I've worked alongside international athletes, sports teams including the Irish Rugby team, companies such as Three Ireland, ESB, and Fáilte Ireland, as well as community groups. I offer wellbeing and meditation talks, mass meditation experiences, weekly classes, 1 to 1 sessions in my ‘Soul Medicine’ centre in Lahinch, and meditation workshops in corporate and community settings.
‘Susan doesn’t just talk about meditation, she embodies the traits of someone that meditates consistently. There's a lot of trust involved in learning meditation from someone you don't know all that well, especially online, and thankfully Susan’s light was able to shine brightly through the screen. Susan teaches with such respect and reverence. I loved how real she is. She took the supposed mystique out of meditation, made it accessible and attainable, and broke the method down into manageable bits. The course has been a gift that I wasn't aware I needed until after I was in possession of its beautiful lessons.’ – Tara
‘I loved the structure of the course and the small group dynamic. Susan’s presence and authenticity in delivery of the information was exceptional. The meditation technique is straightforward and I liked how accessible it was. This course honestly gave me such deep relief on so many levels. So grateful for it.’ – Szabolcs Karikó
‘We held a meditation session with all staff members and it was a great success. A couple of people were quite sceptical beforehand as had no experience with meditation before, but everyone successfully entered into a highly relaxed state during the meditation thanks to Susan’s talk and guidance. The feedback from staff was unusually brilliant afterwards and the team would love to get Susan back in again. It’s so important to take time out from our hectic, busy lives from time to time!’ – Lisa Synnott, Carzone, Dublin
‘Susan is a meditation master and I can honestly say she is the best teacher I’ve ever had. I’ve tried to learn meditation with many other teachers over the years but no one came close to Susan. Extraordinary presence, wisdom and insight. Within a week this course has already changed my life for the better.’ – Melanie