Susan Quirke is a meditation teacher, a holder of mass meditation experiences, musician, singer, song-writer, record maker, co-producer and a multi award-winning social entrepreneur for her work in the field of mental health. She has spent over thirteen years working at a high level when it comes to promoting health and wellness in society. She currently offers one to one meditative healing sessions from her Soul Medicine centre in Lahinch which is based on the west coast of Co. Clare overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Susan also works all throughout Ireland delivering meditation talks and experiences with companies and communities. She also speaks on the themes of well-being, meditation and its connection with the mind, at various events throughout Ireland.
BACKGROUND: She was part of the founding team of the pioneering SpunOut national youth organisation in 2007. In 2011, she was a member of the core crew which led the Possibilities 2011 social activism and well-being event which brought the Dalai Lama to Ireland. She managed the well-being area of Body&Soul and Electric Picnic and later worked with the trailblazing Soar Foundation to support youth mental health and emotional resilience. She then in 2016 co-founded the A Lust For Life mental health and well-being movement and is a winner of a Social Entrepreneurs Ireland IMPACT award as a result of this work, as well as being shortlisted for the Image Business Woman Social Entrepreneur award. She is also co-founder of the www.RoadtoConnection.com movement with her husband Ruairí McKiernan, travelling throughout communities all over Ireland teaching meditation as part of this initiative. Susan is a certified meditation teacher and trained with the 1 Giant Mind Academy in New York and Australia and offers well-being and meditation talks, mass meditation experiences, weekly classes, 1 to 1 coaching and meditation workshops in youth, community and corporate settings.
She has been practicing meditation daily for many years and has witnessed within herself the life changing aspects of this practice such as faster recovery from stress, greater focus and clarity, breaking free from conditioning, accessing deeper personal authentic power, and greater expansion of self-awareness so she can be of true service in the world. She is a certified meditation teacher from the 1 Giant Mind Academy in New York and now offers talks, classes, workplace wellbeing workshops and one to one meditation healing sessions so that others can benefit from the rich insights of this ancient practice.
Meditation public talks and workshops
- Wellfest workshop - Sunday May 15th at 2pm on the WellSoul stage - Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin
- Body&Soul festival - Saturday, June 23rd - Mass meditation from the Main Stage, Ballinlough Castle, Co. Westmeath
- #Stand4Truth Community meditation and reflection - September 26th, The Garden of Remembrance, Dublin
- Electric Picnic Festival - Global Green Stage at 6.30pm, Electric Picnic Festival, Sunday September 2nd, Stradbally, Co. Laois
- 'Get Up and Go' Inspire Conference - Talk and panel discussion - Clayton Hotel, Sligo, September 21st at 3pm
- Summer Solstice with The Trailblazery mass meditation experience - June 21st, Wicklow
- Irish Rugby Team mass meditation experience, Limerick city - July 2019
- Conscious Living Working Conference - Talk and mass meditation experience - The Law Society of Ireland, September 2019